Attract & Kill
Effective, Selective, Residue-Free Pest Control Products
Alpha Scents currently offers Attract & Kill technology with the product MalEx™ Shootborer. MalEx™ CLM for Citrus Leaf Miner is registered with the EPA and in the states listed below. Additionally, Alpha Scents has a robust development program in place that is currently evaluating and developing Attract & Kill products for other key insects and crops.
How It Works: Each 50 microliter droplet contains a minute amount of a knock-down pesticide and a synthetic version of a female pheromone of the target species to attract the male. The attractant and insecticide are combined in a UV-absorbing carrier material that provides a slow, uniform release of the pheromone. Male moths are attracted to the small droplets of MalEx™ and attempt to mate. Any contact with the product kills or disables them, thus preventing mating and subsequent egg-laying and larval infestation. Precise placement minimizes or eliminates contact with any unintended targets.
- An attracticide product for control of the forest lepidopteran pests:
- Western pine shoot borer (Eucosma sonomana)
- Eastern pine shoot borer (E. gloriola)
- Lodgepole pine shoot borer (E. recissoriana).
- PM Compatible - Targets specific species. Lowers risk of pesticide resistance. Will not harm beneficial insects or bees.
- Residue-Free - No residue or contamination concerns. No fruit contact.
- Worker Safety & Flexibility - No Re-Entry Interval (REI) or Pre-Harvest Interval (PHI).
- No Drift - No danger of over-spray, drift or inhalation. Can be applied in any wind or weather conditions.
- Accuracy - Easily and accurately placed.
- Waterproof - Unaffected by rain/sprinklers. Stays in place. No risk to water table.
- Any Field Configuration - Adaptable to open, small or irregular field sizes and layouts.